Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Triumph of the Cross ~ In my prayer

I like the image of the Cross as the New Knowledge Tree. Jesus is the New Fruit, if you will. This time around we’re invited to eat of the fruit. As a Catholic man I accept the challenge to ingest...digest...knowledge everyday through the breaking of the Word..the breaking of the bread...Eucharist.

What do I do this time around with all this new knowledge?

In the Garden I hid from God. I blamed another for encouraging me to eat.

The early people did hide in the upper room. This time around...they hid from people they feared; not from God.

Again, God returns to us in the garden.

This time...one of the children was there because that child was looking for God...to anoint God...to be with God…

It was very early on the first day of the week and still dark,
when Mary of Magdala came to the tomb.
John 20: 1

God approached her with questions; like God approached the first people with questions.
“Jesus said to her, 'Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?'

Supposing him to be the gardener, she said, 'Sir, if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and remove him.'

Jesus said, 'Mary!'

She turned round then and said to him in Hebrew, 'Rabbuni!' -- which means Master.
John 20: 15 & 16

Today, we ~ the people in the garden ~ participate with God.

Blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation.
Through your goodness we have this bread to offer,
which earth has given and human hands have made.
It will become for us the bread of life.

Blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation.
Through your goodness we have this wine to offer,
fruit of the vine and work of human hands.
It will become our spiritual drink.

My heart beats and I sigh

No comments: