Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Canaanite Woman ~ in my prayer

Ah man…

Here we go…again...


I  call  The  Canaanite  Woman
  Jesus’  spiritual  director.


Yesterday my prayer helped me explore the idea...the tradition...my heart...of sin and with sin.

I was challenged on retreat, as i've said ~ repeatedly...ah man...sorry 'bout that ~ because it sounds like I suggest that Jesus sins in the story.

I hold Jesus did initially respond to the Canaanite Woman through the tradition he understood:  She is an outsider.  I hold Jesus did initially respond through the tradition he understood:  The First to be tended are the "lost sheep of (The Chosen)."

Jesus' response to her is in accordance with the popular consensus. Subsequently 'righteous', if you will in the eyes of the crowd.  No sin.

Now, here is the lesson in the story for me supported by Hebrews 4: 15.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable 
to sympathize with our weaknesses, 
but one who has similarly been 
tested in every way, 
yet without sin.


Jesus understands Human Free Will because Jesus lived with Human Free Will.  Jesus can sympathize with our weaknesses.  Jesus' Human Free Will was tested in every way.  Jesus' attitude was adjusted.  Jesus was without sin in God is Love.

I  call  The  Canaanite  Woman
  Jesus’  spiritual  director.



The Canaanite Woman challenged the popular tradition Jesus lived.  Jesus heard her.  Jesus' attitude adjusted...

Jesus was tempted to follow the tradition of recognizing a CHOSEN people.  Jesus' new knowledge came from the fruit of a different tree.  Jesus ate.  Jesus glorified God with his new knowledge in...through...with God is Love.  God is Love unconditionally.


ALL are CHOSEN.

Wow...ah man...

I cry.



Breathe.




I pray I will always hear another's prayer.



I pray (my soul) will leap in (my) womb, and be filled with the Holy Spirit always when I am greeted by another.



I pray I will always feel God's Love through another person.



I pray (my soul) will leap in (my) womb, and be filled with the Holy Spirit always when I am with another.



I pray I will always live God is Love.



I pray (others' souls) will leap in (their) wombs, and be filled with the Holy Spirit always when I greet them.


Let's sit back.  Feel our hearts beat.  Breathe and sigh...








No comments: