Thursday, October 1, 2009

Who do the crowds say I AM ~ Remember Moses?

Moses meets God face to face.  Ah man…
Listen to the conversation they had.
Meanwhile Moses was tending the flock of his father-in-law Jethro, the priest of Midian. Leading the flock across the desert, he came to Horeb, the mountain of God.
There an angel of the LORD appeared to him in fire flaming out of a bush. As he looked on, he was surprised to see that the bush, though on fire, was not consumed.
So Moses decided, "I must go over to look at this remarkable sight, and see why the bush is not burned."
When the LORD saw him coming over to look at it more closely, God called out to him from the bush, "Moses! Moses!" He answered, "Here I am."  Exodus 3
WARNING ~ tangent
One of my all time favorite movies is Prince of Egypt.  I am brought to tears everytime I see the Burning Bush scene.  God strokes Moses with the flames...gently...lovingly. Moses stands there entranced with God’s touch.  It is just  beautiful.  Moses feels God’s love...
Alright…
Alright…
Alright…
God introduces God’s self to Moses, “I am the God of your father," he continued, "the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob." 
Come, now! I will send you to Pharaoh to lead my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt."  


But Moses said to God, 
"Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and lead the Israelites out of Egypt?" 
He answered, "I will be with you; 


ah man...THERE's an answer to Jesus' question, "who do you say I am?"!  I pray I will answer, "you are with me."


and this shall be your proof that it is I who have sent you: when you bring my people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this very mountain." "But," said Moses to God, "when I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' 


if they ask me, 'What is his name?' what am I to tell them?" God replied, "I am who am." Then he added, "This is what you shall tell the Israelites: I AM sent me to you."
I just can’t get over God telling Moses, “I AM”
And, today….Jesus asking, “Who do the crowds say I AM?”.
I have to tell you, I KNOW I left the punctuation off my statement :  I just can’t get over God telling Moses, “I AM”   See, I believe God waits for us to complete the I AM.  
I go back to The Garden.  We are told God created everything; yet, God asked The One to name everything.  Wow. God invites us to work with him in everything.  
I am seeing an amazing connection right now between God and The Word Incarnate within the simple, "I Am."  Whoa...it doesn't get more beautiful than this!


Sometimes, I realize I need God to be with me.  I hear God saying to me, “I AM with you.”
I can answer Jesus, "You are with me."


Sometimes, I realize I need to know God’s love.  I hear God saying to me, “I AM in love with you.”
I can answer Jesus, "You love me."


Sometimes, I realize I need God to hear me.  I hear God saying to me, “I AM all ears.”
I can answer Jesus, "You are heard."


Sometimes, I realize I need God…


And, now...Jesus asks us, “Who do you say I am…”
I pray I will answer Jesus 
when asked, “Who do you say I am?”.


I pray I will hear God when Jesus asks me, “Who are YOU?”.
I pray my actions will answer the question…


It is time for me to sit back...to feel my heart beat and sigh.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who do the crowds say I am?

I am going to print your beautiful prayer. I will read each line and stop and clear my mind. I will wait for him to talk to me.