Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Teach me to pray ~ Encouragement before we share Exodus and the Canaanite Woman






Beautiful prayers presented in the Gospels lately.  Listen to these passages as we prepare our Exodus and the Canaanite Woman prayer sharing:


Mark 10:35-45.  We'll hear this Gospel this Sunday at Mass ~ October 18th, 2009


THIS IS THE LINE THAT HITS ME HARD when I ask Jesus to teach me to pray.  Just look at how he answers a question?  Ah man...I cried...


Emmanuel


(Jesus) said to them, 'What is it you want me to do for you?'


Luke 10:25-37 from October 5th, 2009


Jesus said to him, "What is written in the law? How do you read it?"


Listen to that!  wow...see where I am going with this? Please, tell me what you think...what you're feeling...


I really didn't mean to take any more time from your day; BUT!  hehehe


WARNING ~ tangent


I received some feedback recently concerning this journal I am sharing with you.  I heard the person say something like this, "your stream of consciousness (drives me crazy!)."  Ah man...that is really who I am...it is really how I pray...


I tried very hard to make this post short, succinct,  to the point...well, there you have it brothers and sisters!


alright


alright alright


Look for Mark 8 right around verse 22.  I cry...


Jesus asked, "Do you see anything?"


We'll get into everything else about this most exquisite healing story later.  I LOVE IT!


Look at all the questions.  THAT is prayer for me.  


lectio divina


Talking with God.  


Asking Questions.  


Listening to God.  


Answering God's questions


We've already shared God asking the first two persons, "Where are you?"  We've already shared Jesus asking us, "Who do the crowds say I am?"  Moses asking God, "Who do I say sent me?"  Did we talk about Abraham asking God questions ~ "what if there are 50...?" ~ while sitting with God on the hill overlooking Sodom?  I should check our archives...THAT story is so important to me.


Ah man...one more thing...


Could all the questioning be like a child?  Didn't Jesus embrace the children in a story encouraging us to come to God as a child?  


God bless you.  Thank you for your patience.  Let's pray about the Exodus story and the Canaanite Woman remembering to ask questions...to listen...to hear God's questions...to answer God's questions...


Before closing for the night...go back to Jesus asking the Expert in the Law, "How do you read it?"  Let's feel encouraged to let our Holy Spirit rest in our hearts while reading the Exodus and the Canaanite Woman stories.  let me just ask this...Have you found the link I LOVE in the two stories?  You might not like me when I finally get there...


Time for me to sit back...rest...breathe and sigh







No comments: